Friday 24 August 2012

Bg80 Power Review

Well, my review of Yonex's most expensive string in the UK is finally here and its definitely a bit of a weird one! When I heard that Yonex was going to be releasing a "power" version of one of their top selling strings around the world I have to say that I was extremely excited. Everyone wants that little bit extra power in their game don't they? But does the string live up to all of the hype?

Stringing with Bg80 power is no different to stringing with any other Yonex string, although I did find that the slightly less textured surface did mean that I was able to weave the crosses slightly easier than with Bg80.

When it comes to playing with Bg80 power I am still a little undecided. Of course it is a good quality string coming from a big brand such as Yonex, however I am not quite sure whether it deserves its hefty price tag. It doesn't have quite the same sharp feel that you get with Bg80, or the raw power of Bg66UM, in fact, it seems to fall a bit short in my opinion. I would say that you can get the same repulsion power, with a better feel from Bg80 and I can't see why you should spend the extra £20 a reel on a string that offers very little in the way of increased power or performance.

I am still sticking to my opinion that Bg80 is the best all-round badminton string available in the world today, I'm not sure why Yonex would risk ruining the Bg80 brand by bringing out a different version of the string that doesn't quite match up to the original, but their marketing opinions are their own.

All in all, if you're looking to use a slightly softer, less immediate version of Bg80, then here's your answer, if not, then I would recommend continuing to use Bg80 or try a completely new string entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment