Saturday 23 June 2012

Funny Stringing Stories

The other day I got asked a very weird question about racket stringing, and that got me thinking about any other funny stories regarding racket stringing I could remember over the last year and a half that I have been stringing.

The first thing that immediately sprang to mind was when I got asked if I had any coated steel badminton strings! For anyone who doesn't know, they come with rackets that you buy in gardens sets and never break, but cannot hold any tension and feel like you are hitting the shuttle with a cricket bat! I told the woman that I didn't have any of those and could order some 0.80mm Toalson Superline 80 string, which I just finished stringing up for her, and actually it feels very nice, with a slight texture to it, equivalent to that of Yonex Bg80, however, I'm 99% sure it wouldn't play like the much more expensive Yonex string!

The only other story I can think of at the moment is when my Dad went to re-string a racket and the dog ran off with the reel of string, getting it caught on many different things around the house and managed to unravel around 100m. It took Dad over an hour to unhook the string and another 10 minutes to wrap it back up in the reel again, needless to say he wasn't too happy!

If you have any funny stringing stories then feel free to share them in the comments section below!

1 comment:

  1. Recently I went to a new stringer and asked him to do a bg65 ti at 30lbs . He told bg65 he can do but bg65ti will break . Lol can't you imagine how I felt

    ReplyDelete